If you find yourself in Savannah, Georgia, and not sucked in by Foxy Loxy Café’s Boombox Brunch, head to the Historic District and check out —
- Chocolat by Adam Turoni– even if just to see for yourself a chocolate shop with an Astroturf floor.
- On the way, stop by ShopSCAD for 3-D printed nylon earrings (among other things).
- And at a SCAD (The Savannah College of Art and Design) alum’s Satchel, for very soft leather.
- Speaking of SCAD…there’s an actual red double-decker London bus inside Art’s Café, across the street from ShopSCAD.
- Be astounded at the lengths the wealthy went through to showcase, well, that wealth, at the Owens-Thomas House & Slave Quarters.
- Next time…I want to try the sandwiches and sweet stuff at Back in the Day Bakery and maybe make it through the wait for brunch at The Collins Quarter. Does anyone know the best days and times to avoid a line?